We would love to publish articles authored by you! For contributing to our platform, please do carefully go through the following guidelines.
This platform intends to create a dynamic space for informative and well-researched articles on women’s empowerment, while inspiring dialogue within the community. We intend to make accessible reliable articles and resources to people of different ages and from different backgrounds.
These articles may discuss issues concerning:
- Women and Health (inclusive of both mental and physical health)
- Women and Society (inclusive of issues related to politics, environment, culture etc.)
- Women and Economics (inclusive of macroeconomic policies on the gender pay gap, policies to prevent workplace harassment, the glass ceiling etc.)
- Women and Justice (inclusive of legal developments, issues related to the criminal justice system etc.)
- The Individual Woman (inclusive of issues related to gender, sexuality, expression, body image, relationships etc.)
- In-Focus: a catch-all section for miscellaneous relevant topics that do not fit into any of the aforementioned categories.
Note: These themes are merely illustrative and not exhaustive.
ɢᴜɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅɪɴɢ ғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛ
- Length: You may submit either (a) a short-form article (700 words max.) or (b) a long-form article (1600 words max.)
- Topic: You may refer to the broad themes listed above for choosing the subject of your article. However, please note that these themes merely illustrate to our prospective writers what type of content we wish to publish on our platform and are in no way exhaustive. We encourage you to pick any topic which aligns with the aim of our platform.
- Headings: We recommend you include headings and sub-headings in your article as it would make it easier for readers to navigate through the same.
- References: Please add hyperlinks at the relevant places in the body of the article. Only where hyperlinks are unavailable, you may list those references at the end of the article as endnotes. Please do not add any footnotes.
- Title and keywords: Please send in appropriately titled articles. Do also include five keywords we would use to ‘tag’ your article.
- Originality: Please ensure that the article is a product of your own research and effort. We have a strict policy against plagiarism.
- Font and spacing: Font size – 12; Font style – Times New Roman; Line Spacing – 1.5
- Writer Bio: Please send us: (i) a brief three to four line introduction about yourself; and (ii) a formal photograph of yourself. This will be displayed along with the article.
ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴜʙᴍɪᴛ?
- Submissions must be sent to email@example.com with the subject as ‘Reachout and Beyond - Article Submission.’
- The article must be attached to the email as an MS Word document along with the writer bio, photograph and the writer’s contact details.
- You may submit an article at any time of the month.
sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴄᴇss
- Articles will be considered for publication based on relevance, quality, structure, writing-style, extent of research done, etc.
- Please note that we are looking for well-researched articles which must include some amount of analysis, as opposed to being of a solely descriptive nature. We encourage you to look at the existing articles on the platform to get a sense of the expected content.
- Each submission will be reviewed by one or more Editors of the platform, who will have absolute discretion regarding whether the submission is to be accepted and, if accepted, whether the article requires any changes/revisions.
- Authors must work with the Editors to incorporate the Editor’s inputs before final publication.
- Discussion of ideas: If you have an idea for an article that you would like to discuss with our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . One of our team members will get in touch with you to informally discuss your ideas, in order to better understand if they align with the objectives of our platform.
- Cross-posting: Posts initially published on this platform may not be cross-posted on other websites or in print without prior permission of the Reachout Team.
- Simultaneous submissions: We discourage simultaneous submissions. In case you have submitted the article to another platform as well, please specify the same at the time of submission.
If you have any doubts, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com